www.virgingaming.com

Friday, December 9, 2011

Netflix Update for Xbox 360

      So I'm sure all of you know what Netflix is by now!  For those of you that don't know its like BlockBuster buy 5000000 times better.  Netflix was the first provider to allow users to stream from their multi-media devices like their phone, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, and Ps3.  This is seems to be the option most people go for, although it does limit you in movie choices.  Selections you get from renting dvd's are far better than the streaming selections.  I feel since new imurging compitition against Netflix will cause them to give us new, better titles.  I figure we should start seeming them around the beginning of the year.

       As for the new update I can't be happier.  Reason being I have an incredibly slow Internet connection(clear) and for the last 2 years I had to deal with insanely slow load times.  After a while I have to admit I was getting used to looking at the hypnotising circle in the middle of the screen(telling you it was loading).  Well this is all over now.  I have not had a problems streaming any videos at all, which makes me unbelievably happy!  Also load screens aren't red screens with Netflix slammed in the middle.  They actually give you pictures, information, and show similar movie titles while your waiting for it to load.  This menu can also be attained by hitting start and then Down on the D-pad. 


       One very interesting and awesome add-on comes when your watching a TV show that has more than one episode.  When these TV shows load,get paused, or end your prompted with episode selections so you can go seamlessly from episode to episode.  This is fantastic for shows like Lost, or Dexter. 

   My only problem with the new update is that I can't seem turn off the scrolling sound.  If anyone knows how leave me a post please.

1 comment: